So now that your business has decided to pursue regular news releases, they need to find a quality distributor. The business has to understand that even though getting your name out there is beneficial, no matter how it is done, there are more effective means than others. Naturally, there are more effective distributors than others but what makes an effective distribution service? When considering a news distribution service there multiple factors to consider but here is a good start.
1. First consider their outlets. Who are they going to get you visibility with? What search engines will they get you in? What media outlets do they work with? A good distributor will get you face time with the right customers and agencies. While the local classifieds has its purposes, a business wants to be seen and heard beyond shouting distance. Your press release should be in the running for national news agencies, top search engines and great social media sites.
2. What are the “extras” that they offer? Most large-scale distribution services have search engine optimization (SEO), multimedia enhancement and a review of your information by a marketing professional before distribution. These are very basic requirements that your press release needs to be effective and are fundamental when selecting a news distribution service.
3. Next, consider whether or not the cost will prove financially wise. If you are a mom-and-pop local business, there might not be a need to spend a few hundred dollars a month on upper-end distribution agencies when you can utilize the free agencies.
Profitability is something that you must calculate and only you can make the decision for what is worth the cost and what is not worth the cost. A simple guideline would be to start small. Begin with a news distributor that will help you to understand how the system works and then you will be able to decipher if you are ready for the next marketing step.
4. The ability to track your “reads” is another great option as a newbie to public relations. This feature allows you to track what is read and what is not read. It also helps you understand what keywords got them to your news and the search engine that took them. Most sites offer a simple graph that will display the basic ‘when and where’ of your news publication. Your goal is honest feedback on what is grabbing customer’s attention. There is nothing more objective than the data that shows your reads. It is not silver-lined with hazy truths but is a real-time way for you to determine what the customer is reading (and where your distributor is getting you visibility). For more details please visit these sites:- globalmedianext.com
5. One last consideration when choosing a news distribution service is whether or not they can help you with editing and revision. Most business owners write in objective, linear speech that reflects the financial reports they so often read. While objectivity is desirable, flat news releases are not. The reason that some news releases never get attention is that they are boring!
Combine dull information with sketchy grammar and you have a need for editing and review. The best part of a news distribution service reviewing your content is that you will get the flavor of public relations and the proofreading. You want both to have your story grab attention and be grammatically correct. The last think you want is bad publicity because of your poor writing abilities! Although you will not need to have every press release proofread, it would be wise to start this way in the beginning so you can better understand your customers.